From Best Free Stuff Guide
Tax Day freebies include free food offerings from both local restaurants and national chains.
Many restaurants offer tax day free food as a promotion to help highlight their company's foods or new menu items. Finding tax day free food is not difficult, as many media outlets heavily cover the special promotions.
|Offered by||Multiple restaurant chains such as Cinnabon, P.F. Chang's, and McDonald's|
|Limitations||Some deals may require minimum food purchase; offers are usually only valid on the day of the federal income tax deadline|
|Coupon required?||Some offers require a coupon, while others are open to all customers who visit within certain time periods|
Do you love to save? Never want to miss a deal? Sign up for our newsletter here
2015 Tax Day Freebies
- Entertainment Books are available at the special price of $10.40 on April 15.
- King Arthur Flour is giving customers 15% off their order on April 15; no minimum.
Tax Day Free Food
Many tax day free food options are available without a coupon and can be obtained simply by showing up at the restaurant. A few specials may require a special coupon for redemption, however.
- Great American Cookies offers free regular chocolate chip cookie to customers who stop by on tax day.
- Schlotzsky's Deli is offering a free The Original small sandwich on tax day, with the purchase of chips and a 32-ounce fountain drink.
- Customers who sing a song in its entirety (in front of the whole restaurant) will receive a free entree from a new, specially launched menu at Hard Rock Cafe. Options include a grilled vegetable sandwich, a fiesta burger, and an arugula salad with shaved and marinated chicken.
- California Tortilla is offering a free queso and chips to customers who say "taxes shmaxes" while placing their order.
Previous Tax Day Free Food Offers
These offers have been made in prior years- some may be repeated in 2015:
- Save $10.40 on online order in honor of tax day with promo code at Eli's Cheesecake with promo code through April 15.
- On April 15, 2014, Boston Market is offering a "Tax Day Deal Chicken Meal." For $10.40, customers are able to purchase two Half-Chicken Individual Meals.
- Orange Leaf Frozen Yogurt has a "Tax Day Offer" tab on their official Facebook page. The offer is available to print out from their Facebook page on April 15, tax day, and includes a cup of yogurt, filled to the top with toppings, for $4.15. This is a savings of up to 50 percent off.
- Chevy's is picking up the sales tax with coupon through April 15.
- Select Culver's locations in Arizona are offering a $2 Turtle sundae on April 15.
- Sonic is offering 50 percent off all of its drinks and slushees on April 15.
- Sonny's BBQ is offering 50 percent off their rib platter
- Bruegger's Bagel offered a baker's dozen bagels and two tubs of cream cheese for $10.40.
- Outback Steakhouse offered free Bloomin Onion on Tax Day.
- Chili's offered a free appetizer or dessert with the purchase of an entree.
- Sonic advertised half-price fountain drinks and slushes all day.
- Cinnabon offered two free Classic Cinnabon Bites from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. for a Tax Day Bites promotion. Customers did not need to bring in a coupon, but the offer was limited to two Cinnabon bites per customer.
- AMC Theatres featured a free small bag of popcorn for customers from April 12-15 as part of its Tax Day promotion. To redeem the offer, customers had to print the deal coupon from the AMC Theatres website and bring it in with them. The offer was limited to one per customer.
Tax Day Freebies
About Tax Day Free Food
A variety of restaurants offering tax day specials on food items come with some restrictions, including minimum purchase requirements. Specials often attract long lines, so sometimes offers or free food may run out if taxpayers do not arrive early.
Tax day typically takes place every year on April 15. However, when April 15 falls on a Saturday or Sunday, tax returns are typically due the following Monday.
Over the years, Tax Day has evolved into a day where many restaurants and other businesses offer special promotions and free items. From chain restaurants to local watering holes, taxpayers are likely to find a variety of deals. Most free tax day offers are advertised in the days and weeks leading up to the big day. Deals may include discounts on food (often discounted to tax form prices like $10.40) or free items like a free coffee or free breakfast.
Also See: Free Restaurant Coupons, Free Printable Tax Forms Online, Free Tax Help, Free Appetizer Coupons, Free Dessert Coupons, Free Happy Hour, Election Day Freebies, Football Freebies, Birthday Freebies, Veterans Day Freebies