From Best Free Stuff Guide
Each year during the month of October, freebies and discounts are available for a variety of free products, entertainment, and food. This includes free offers from stores like Walmart and Target, as well as free theater and movie opportunities. October also brings Halloween freebies, which include free food and bowling for kids that visit restaurants and stores in full costume during the last several days of October.
|Promotions:||Halloween freebies, Columbus Day sales|
|Oct. 4||National Taco Day|
|Oct. 6-12||National Fire Prevention Week|
|Oct. 16||National Boss's Day|
|Celebrates:||National Apple Month, Breast Cancer Awareness Month, Book Month, Cookie Month, Pizza Month, Pretzel Month, and Seafood Month|
|Sales:||Denim, lingerie, garden items|
|Annual freebies:||San Diego Zoo, IHOP, Museums On Us|
Do you love to save? Never want to miss a deal? Sign up for our newsletter here
2013 October Freebies, Coupons, and Discount Offers
Although October may primarily be a month for ghouls and goblins, carving pumpkins, visiting haunted houses, taking fall foliage tours, and enjoying fall festivals, it is also a time to take advantage of free stuff!
- Kids 12 and under dressed up as their favorite Princess or Superhero will receive a FREE one-scoop of custard at Culver's
- Kids 12 and under in costume eat free with adult entree purchase at Black Eyed Pea
- Kids in costume aged 11 and under eat free with adult entree purchase at Old Country Buffet on October 31.
- Kids 10 and under eat free after 4 p.m. with purchase of adult entree at 54th Street Grill with coupon on October 31.
- Kids 12 and under in costume eat free with purchase of an adult entree at Chevy's through October 31.
- Get 2 Cub Grub meals per adult entree purchase at Free Montana Mike's Steakhouse on October 31.
- Kids 12 and under eat free with purchase of adult buffet at Sirloin Stockade on October 31.
- Get one free Littles Meal with each regularly priced adult entree at Lone Star Steakhouse on October 31.
- Kids 10 and under eat free with the purchase of an accompanying adult entree at Flat Top with coupon on October 31.
- Get one free kids meal with each purchase of an adult entrée at Outback Steakhouse on October 31
- Kids eat free with purchase of adult meal at Luby's
- Free kids meal for each adult meal and beverage purchased at regular price at Fuddruckers on October 31
- Customers in full costume receive 50% off yogurt and toppings on October 31st at Kiwi Frozen Yogurt
- Kids in costume eat free with purchase of adult entree at Tijuana Flats on October 31.
- Kids 12 and under eat free with purchase of adult entree at Cactus Jack's on October 31
- Kids 12 and under eat free with purchase of adult entree at T-Bones on October 31
- Kids 12 and under eat free with purchase of adult entree at Longhorn Steakhouse with coupon through October 31
- Kids eat for 99 cents or free if in costume with adult buffet purchase through October 31 at Souper Salad
- Every Sunday of October, kids eat free with purchase of adult entree at Ninety Nine. No coupon necessary.
- During the entire month of October, kids ages 3-11 receive free admission to the San Diego Zoo and the San Diego Safari Park. This freebie offer has been an October tradition for over 25 years.
- The "Free Night of Theater", a month-long event featuring free theater performances in select U.S. cities is scheduled to take place again in October of 2013.
- Customers who purchase 9-inch Original Plain Cheesecake will receive a FREE 5-inch White Chocolate Raspberry Heart-shaped Cheesecake at Eli's Cheesecake through October 14.
- In honor of National Breast Cancer Month, medical clinics may offer free or reduced breast exams to women who do not have insurance or do not have enough coverage. For example, the LIJ Medical Center in Port Washington, New York, offers free mammograms to women ages 50-64 who have not had a mammogram in a year or more.
- All kids aged 12 and under receive one free Scary Face Pancake on October 31, 2013 from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. at IHOP.
- On Tuesdays during October, kids receive a free meal at IKEA restaurants.
October Free Museum Admission
- Museums on Us offers Bank of America cardholders free admission to over 150 museums throughout the United States on the first full weekend of each month. In 2013, the free October dates are October 5 and 6. Participating museums include the Musical Instrument Museum in Phoenix, the de Young in San Francisco, and the Dallas Museum of Art in Dallas, Texas.
- Target stores sponsor free admission to select museums across the U.S. in October. Participating institutions include the Bowers Museum (October 6), Children's Museum of Atlanta (October 8), and the New Children's Museum (October 13).
Government Shutdown Free Offers
Federal employees who are furloughed during the 2013 government shutdown are eligible for several freebies from restaurants and attractions during the month of October.
- The Washington, D.C.-area restaurant Z-Burger is offering free burgers to furloughed government employees and federal contractors during the lunch hour and the early evening.
- All furloughed employees are eligible for a free box lunch and a movie ticket at the Beltway Plaza Mall in Greenbelt, Maryland during the entire month of October.
- Several D.C.-area museums extended free museum admission privileges to all federal employees on Tuesday, October 2 - the first day of the shutdown. Participating museums included the National Geographic Museum, the Baltimore Zoo, and the National Museum of Women in the Arts.
- Starbucks cafes offered free coffee to all customers who purchased a cup of coffee for another person from October 9-11.
Free Kids Admission to the San Diego Zoo and Safari Park
Where to Get October Freebies
- Media Outlets like local radio and television stations often announce free Halloween offers throughout the month of October. This includes free ticket giveaways for local haunted attractions, including haunted houses and haunted hayrides. For example, local Atlanta, Georgia, radio stations give away free tickets to Netherworld.
- Consumers who plan on visiting Los Angeles during the month of October have the option to check out free television show tapings and free movie screenings. Many primetime network shows, for example, are taping in October. Free tickets are given away in tourist-heavy areas such as the Third Street Promenade in Santa Monica, or near the Mann Chinese Theatre and El Capatain on Hollywood Boulevard's Walk of Fame. Websites like www.standingroomonly.tv/ provide information and access to free tickets as well.
Also See: Halloween Freebies, Free Night of Theatre, Free Erebus Haunted House Coupons, Free Headless Horseman Coupons, Free 13th Gate Coupons, Free Spookywoods Coupons, Free House of Torment Coupons, Free Nightmare on the Bayou Coupons, Free The Darkness Coupons, Free Terror Behind the Walls Coupons, Free Arizona Scream Park Coupons, Free Allens Haunted Hayrides Coupons, Free Zoo Coupons, Museums on Us, Target Free Events