From Best Free Stuff Guide
National Lasagna Day free offers provide customers who enjoy the layered cheeses of home baked lasagna a treat for less. Sales and discounts on lasagna are available at Italian restaurants, such as Buca di Beppo, every year to celebrate National Lasagna Day. Other restaurants also offer discounts and special promotions to celebrate the holiday.
While the word "lasagna" is derived from a Greek word that means "chamber pot" and was used by the Romans to mean "cooking pot," the term is mostly associated with the dish of layered sheets of pasta and sauce which originated in the home kitchens of Italy. When many Italians immigrated to the United States at the turn of the 20th century, they brought their cooking traditions. Lasagna has become a staple entrée on menus in Italian restaurants in and around the country.
|Offered by||Italian restaurants such as Buca di Beppo and Spaghetti Warehouse|
|Locations||All across the United States|
|Phone number||Customers are able to call their local Italian restaurant and ask if they are participating|
|Limitations||Valid only on National Lasagna Day, which is on July 29|
|Coupon required?||Coupons may be required for some free lasagna offers|
Do you love to save? Never want to miss a deal? Sign up for our newsletter here
National Lasagna Day Deals
Many local eateries and restaurant chains feature free or discounted lasagna offers on National Lasagna Day each year. These include the following:
- In 2013, BRIO Tuscan Grille will be celebrating National Lasagna Day on Tuesday, July 30. The restaurant will be offering its Bolognese Al Forno lasagna for 50 percent off for dine-in customers.
- In honor of National Lasagna Day on Monday, July 29, 2013, The Washington House Restaurant and Sellersville Theater in Sellersville, Pennsylvania, are offering a free vegeterian lasagna appetizer with any restaurant purchase.
- On July 29, 2013, Maggiano's is offering a BOGO Classic Pasta deal, which includes lasagna. In order to get the deal, customers must dine in.
- In 2013, Romano's Macaroni Grill is offering a BOGO entree as well. The offer is valid July 27 through July 29 when customers print out a coupon from the restaurant's Facebook page..
- In 2013, the Spaghetti Warehouse celebrated Lasagna Day on July 28, offering a coupon good for a $6 lasagna entree.
- To celebrate National Lasagna Day in 2013, Buca di Beppo is offering a free individual sized Veggie, Chicken, or Classic Lasagna when customers make a purchase. This offer is valid July 29 through August 4, 2013.
- In 2013, Trevi Restaurant and Bar, located in The Forum at Caesar's Palace in Las Vegas, features special offers for National Lasagna Day on Monday, July 29. Both the signature Lasagna Pizza and any lasagna entree are on sale all day.
How to Make Classic Italian Lasagna
About National Lasagna Day
National Lasagna Day is celebrated annually in the United States on July 29. Lasagna dates back to the 1st century BC, when it was a common meal. However, it was not until the 5th century that cookbooks offered recipes for lasagna that are most similar to today's Italian dish.
In addition to enjoying free and discounted lasagna at local and nationwide eateries on National Lasagna Day, patrons may choose to celebrate the food holiday at home by making their own lasagna. Consumers have the option to bake their own lasagna recipes, or they may want to follow a copycat recipe for lasagna dishes from restaurants like Olive Garden.
Also See: Free Restaurant Coupons, National Cheesecake Day Free Offers, Buca di Beppo Free Lasagna, Free Olive Garden Coupons, Free BRIO Tuscan Grille Coupons, Free Garlic Jim's Coupons, Free Cheesecake Factory Coupons, Free Pizza Hut Coupons, Free California Pizza Kitchen Coupons