From Best Free Stuff Guide
Heartburn sufferers and ulcer patients who are taking the prescription or over-the-counter (OTC) medication Zantac may need free Zantac to cut down on their overall drug costs. Free Zantac samples are one way patients are able to try out the medication before spending the money on a prescription, while patient assistance programs for prescription Zantac provide eligible patients with free Zantac for up to a year. Additional savings for OTC Zantac are available in the form of coupons and special promotional offers which are available online as printable coupons from pharmacies like Walgreens.
|Offered by||GlaxoSmithKline (prescription) and Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (OTC)|
|Types of Free Offers||Samples, patient assistance programs, coupons, etc.|
|Where to Find Free Offers||Official Zantac website, from doctors or healthcare providers, at select pharmacies, etc.|
|Limitations||Varies; coupons may have expiration dates, while patient assistance programs will require that patients not have prescription drug coverage, meet certain income requirements, etc.|
|Disclaimer||The information provided by BestFreeStuffGuide.com is not a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Do not take any action based on the information on this page without consulting a physician.|
Do you love to save? Never want to miss a deal? Sign up for our newsletter here
Zantac Samples, Patient Assistance Programs, Coupons and Free Offers
- Free Zantac samples may be obtained in several ways:
- For prescription Zantac, patients may request samples directly from their doctor or healthcare provider, as health professionals may have Zantac samples on hand. If not, they are usually able to order the free samples directly from GlaxoSmithKline.
- A patient's doctor may also have free samples of over-the-counter Zantac. Additionally, patients may request free samples directly from the pharmacist at pharmacies like Walgreens and CVS.
- Zantac Occasionally offers free samples of OTC Zantac on their official site, ZantacOTC.com.
- Coupons for Zantac are typically available for OTC Zantac in several places.
- The official Zantac OTC website offers discount coupons for patients who register for coupons and offers. Registration is free, and once registered, patients will receive up to $5 off printable Zantac coupons, redeemable at most places where Zantac is sold. Patients will also receive additional offers as they become available.
- Coupons for Zantac are sometimes available through Zantac pamphlets, which are obtainable at select pharmacies or through weekly ads or inserts for local pharmacies, grocery stores, etc.
- Pharmacies like Walgreens issue printable coupons for Zantac on their official website. Offers include dollars off select Zantac products.
Drug Coupon Information
Zantac is the brand name for ranitidine, an H2-receptor blocker that blocks histamine in the stomach. This in turn helps reduce the amount of stomach acid produced in the body. Prescription Zantac is manufactured by GlaxoSmithKline and OTC Zantac is manufactured by Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Zantac is an FDA-approved medication and is available both over-the-counter and as a prescription. Zantac reduces acid in a patient's stomach, and treats and prevents ulcers, as well as conditions causing heartburn such as gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD). Common side effects associated with Zantac include diarrhea, headaches, nausea, upset stomach, and constipation.
Zantac is typically administered once daily at bedtime or two to four times during the day. The medication is available in tablet form, as well as in a syrup, effervescent tablet, and effervescent granule.