From Best Free Stuff Guide
Utah State Fair coupons are available to visitors who want to save on admission and ride costs. Discount tickets are available for purchase at Smith's Food and Drugs locations, or visitors can visit opening day for dollars off admission and free rodeo admission. Additional offers are available in the form of package deals and season passes.
The Utah State Fair takes place in Salt Lake City, Utah, every September. The 2016 fair takes place September 8-18, and features a variety of activities for families and individuals to enjoy, including rides, food, games, competitions, a rodeo, demolition derby, tractor pulls, exhibits, and concerts.
|Offered by||Utah State Fair|
|Location||155 N 1000 W, Salt Lake City, Utah 84116|
|Features||Rides, food, competitions, exhibits, concerts, free entertainment, rodeo, demolition derby, etc.|
|Types of coupons||Discount tickets at select retail stores, presale ticket discounts, opening day discounts|
|AARP discount?||No, but seniors 62 and over receive a $2 admission discount|
|Military discount?||Military, emergency services personnel, and law enforcement receive free admission with valid ID on the fair's designated Patriot Day.|
Do you love to save? Never want to miss a deal? Sign up for our newsletter here
About the Utah State Fair
The Utah State Fair takes place for 10 days each year in early September. Operating hours during the fair are Sunday-Thursday from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m., and Friday-Saturday from 10 a.m. to 11 p.m. Admission prices are $10 for adults and $8 for children ages 6-12. Admission does not include rides, concerts, the demolition derby, and select other events. Unlimited ride wristbands are available for $28 during regular hours and $20 for matinee hours (good from opening until 6 p.m.)
In 2016, the fair celebrates its 161st anniversary, having debuted in October of 1856. During the early years, the fair moved locations each year. Fairpark became the current site in 1902. The 2016 grandstand entertainment include Blues Traveler, Luis Coronel, and the Official Blues Brothers Revue.
Utah State Fair Coupons and Free Offers
- Children under the age of six receive free admission.
- Discount tickets and ride wristband vouchers are available for dollars off savings when purchased at participating Smith's Food and Drug locations. Admission vouchers are $8, a savings of $2, while ride wristbands are $22, a savings of $6.
- The fair offers a Family Savings Bundle for $95. This deal includes four free admission vouchers, two unlimited ride wristbands, and $40 in food/drink vouchers.
- The Crystal Inn and Suites in West Valley City, Utah, is the official host hotel of the Utah State Fair. All guests who plan on attending the fair will receive a 10 percent discount on overnight accommodations.
- The Utah State Fair's Facebook page sponsors a variety of contests and giveaways throughout the fair's duration.
- Scouts and their leaders can save $2 on admission when they wear their uniform. An accompanying coupon must be presented. This coupon is available to print from the official Utah State Fair website.
- The Utah State Fair promotes reading in children, offering a program where children ages 6-12 who finish 10 or more books in the allotted time receive free fair admission, one, free drink, and one free carnival ride. Rules are posted on the fair's official website.
- Various media outlets sponsor contests and free ticket giveaways for the fair. For example, My 99.5 offers a giveaway good for four free fair tickets, four concert vouchers, and four food vouchers.
2016 Utah State Fair Discount Days
Each year, the Utah State Fair offers several discount days. The 2016 discount days are as follows:
- On September 8, the Utah State Fair offers an Opening Day discount of $6, a $4 savings on gate admission for adults and a $2 gate admission for children.
- September 11 is Patriot Day. All emergency services personnel, law enforcement, and active military personnel receive free admission with a valid ID.
- September 12 is ABC Good4Utah Family Value Day. All children under 12 receive free admission, while all adults get in for the child admission of $8.
- September 14 is KSL 5 Free Parking. The first 500 cars receive free parking.
Utah State Fair Commercial