From Best Free Stuff Guide
Oregon State Fair coupons and discounts help visitors to the fair save on admission and rides. Most discounts are offered in the form of discount days, and include dollars off fair admission or ride wristbands. Group discounts are also available for groups of 50 or more people.
Flickr: Travel Salem
|Offered by||Oregon State Fair|
|Location||2330 17th Street NE, Salem, OR 97301-0601|
|Features||Carnival, rides, competitions, food, attractions, displays|
|Types of coupons||Group discounts, ride wristband offers, special discount days|
|AARP discount?||No, but seniors 62 and over save $2 on fair admission|
|Military discount?||The fair sponsors a discount military day|
Do you love to save? Never want to miss a deal? Sign up for our newsletter here
About the Oregon State Fair
The first official Oregon State Fair took place in 1861 in the Oregon City/Gladstone area and by 1871 was moved to Salem, where it has remained. The fair features a variety of activities for visitors, including concerts, magic shows, carnival rides, food, animal shows, hands-on demonstrations, displays, competitions, and attractions. Some of the fair's specific highlights include animal exhibits, Oregon wine and microbrews, FFA and 4-H exhibits, and Creative Living competitions for scrapbooking, cake decorating, blue-ribbon cooking, and fly-tying.
The 2014 Oregon State Fair will be held from August 22 through September 1. It is open Sunday through Thursday from 10 a.m. to 9 p.m., and Fridays and Saturdays from 10 a.m. to 11 p.m. Admission prices are $8 for adults 13-61, $6 for seniors 62 and over, and $6 for children 6-12. Children under 6 receive free admission. These prices reflect gate admission only. Carnival rides and concerts cost an additional fee. Parking is available free on-site.
Oregon State Fair Coupons and Free Offers
- The Oregon State Fair operates both a Twitter feed and Facebook page, which provide visitors with information on the fair, including discounts, contests, and promotional offers exclusive to fans and followers.
- Discount tickets are available when visitors purchase in advance, prior to the fair's start each year. The discount is $2 for adults and $1 for children and seniors.
- Guests visiting with 50 or more people are eligible for a discount. The cost is $5 for general admission, a savings of $6.
- Visitors who purchase a 3-day pass save. The pass costs $20 for adults and $9 for children and seniors. This is a savings of $13 for adults and $9 for children and seniors.
2014 Oregon State Fair Special Days and Discounts
The "Big Deals" section on the official Oregon State Fair website provides detailed information on how to save on admission. Some of the offers include:
- Food Bank Friday - guests who bring 2 or more cans of food receive $5 off gate admission on August 22
- Sleep Country Family Day - on August 24 and August 31, pay only $15 on any combination of four admission tickets
- Hump Day BOGO - receive another admission ticket for free admission to be used on or before Labor Day.
- Celebrate Freedom Day - Veterans receive free admission on Thursday, August 28
Visiting the Oregon State Fair
Also See: Free State Fair Coupons, Free Renaissance Festival Coupons, Free Oregon Coast Aquarium Coupons, Free Oregon Zoo Coupons, Free Enchanted Forest Coupons, Free Oaks Park Coupons, Free OMSI Coupons