From Best Free Stuff Guide
The North Carolina State Fair takes place for 10 days every October in Raleigh, North Carolina. The first fair was put on by the State Agricultural Society in 1853 and lasted for four days. Today, the fair has grown to 10 days in duration, with attendance exceeding 900,000 each year.
Flickr: Jeffrey L. Cohen
|Offered by||N.C. Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services|
|Location||1025 Blue Ridge Road, Raleigh, NC 27607|
|Features||Food, games, rides, competitions, concerts, shows|
|Types of coupons||Group discounts, free admission days|
|AARP discount?||While there is no AARP discount, seniors 65 and over receive free admission. In addition, seniors also receive a free Bojangles breakfast at the "Senior Fun Festival" on October 22, 2013. |
|Military discount?||Military personnel receive a $5 admission discount with a valid military ID|
Do you love to save? Never want to miss a deal? Sign up for our newsletter here
About North Carolina State Fair
The 2014 North Carolina State Fair takes place from October 16 through October 26. Ticket prices are $9 for adults, $4 for children 6-12, and free for seniors 65 and over and children under 6. Admission includes entry to the fair only. Rides cost an additional fee. Each ride ticket costs $1, and rides typically take three to eight tickets. Each year, the fair provides entertainment such as rides, games, food, concerts, fireworks, and assorted shows and competitions.
North Carolina State Fair Coupons and Free Offers
- Advance tickets are available for a discounted price when purchased online or at select walkup locations beginning in early August and ending on the fair's start date. The discount is $2 off regular adult admission and $1 off regular child admission. The entire list of walkup locations is available under the "Tickets" section on the fair's official website.
- Discounted admission is available for groups of 40 or more people. The discount is only available for guests who purchase their tickets in advance online or at walkup stations. The group rate for an adult admission is $5, while the cost of a child admission is $2.
- Visitors save on ride tickets when they purchase them in advance. Visitors who purchase $10 worth of tickets will receive 18, a savings of $8.
- Each year, the fair offers a Preview Day. During this time, visitors are able to purchase an Unlimited Ride Wristband for $28. The preview day is the first day of the fair, with unlimited rides available from 3:30 p.m. until midnight.
- The North Carolina State Fair offers a free iPhone app and free Android app through its official website. The app allows users to view the fair's daily schedule, a map of the grounds, and the hours of operation. Visitors may also use the app to buy admission tickets.
- Every year, the fair offers free admission when visitors bring in five cans of food on Food Lion Hunger Relief Day. The date falls on Thursday, October 24, in 2013.
Pig Racing at the North Carolina State Fair
Also See: Free Attraction Coupons, Free Renaissance Festival Coupons, Free State Fair Coupons, Free North Carolina Zoo Coupons, Free Battleship North Carolina Coupons, Free Carolina Renaissance Festival Coupons, Free Carowinds Coupons, Free Myrtle Waves Coupons