From Best Free Stuff Guide
The Nebraska State Fair is held at Fonner Park in Grand Island, Nebraska, for 11 days each year in August and September. The fair features a variety of activities for families and individuals, including a midway, agricultural displays, motor sports, parades, marching bands, interactive education, food, and concerts. 2015 shows and concerts include Keith Urban with special guest Kelsea Ballerini, Huey Lewis and the News, Jake Owen, and Tony Orlando.
Flickr: Ryan Frost
|Offered by||Nebraska State Fair|
|Location||Fonner Park, 700 East Stolley Park Road, Grand Island, NE 68801-2200|
|Features||Concerts, motorsports, shows, rides, displays, exhibits, parades, food|
|Types of coupons||Special discount days, advance ticket discounts|
|Military discount?||One day of the fair is designated as free admission day for active and retired military|
Do you love to save? Never want to miss a deal? Sign up for our newsletter here
About the Nebraska State Fair
The 146th Nebraska State Fair takes place August 28 through September 7, 2015. Since its founding, the fair has focused on showcasing the state of Nebraska, and today highlights the state's agriculture, commerce, arts, sciences, technology, and industry. It does this by sponsoring a competitive livestock exhibit, competitions, handmade crafts, a trade show for farming equipment, and baked goods.
Fair admission includes entrance to the fair and free entertainment only. The price is $10 for adults, $3 for children 6-12, and free for children under 6. Midway rides, concerts, food, and select other attractions cost an additional fee. For example, Motorsports events such as the Demolition Derby, Figure 8 Races, and the Tractor Pull all cost $10 for adults and $4 for children 6-12. The fair also offers midway ride wristbands, which includes unlimited rides for one up front price.
Nebraska State Fair Coupons and Free Offers
- Special contests and giveaways to fair concerts are sometimes available through local Nebraska radio stations. For example, Y102 is giving away two tickets to the Keith Urban concert during the fair.
- Advance gate admission is available for a discount of $3 when purchased online by August 27, 2015, at midnight. Child admission is always $3. This deal is for fair visits taking place from August 28-August 30 and September 4-September 7. Gate admission from August 31-September 3 will already be reduced by$3.
- The "Discounts/Special Days" section on the official Nebraska State Fair website provides access to information on additional offers during the fair.
- Each year, the fair sells a season pass. For $55, consumers are able to visit the fair all 11 days. This includes gate admission only.
2015 Nebraska State Fair Special Discount Days
- Visitors visiting the fair on Opening Day will receive free gate admission until 12 p.m.
- Five Dollar Days take place on Monday, August 31, and Wednesday, September 2. Admission on these days is $5 for visitors 13 and older.
- Two Dollar Tuesday takes place on September 1. Both adults and children are charged $2 on gate admission. Tickets must be purchased at the gate on September 1 to receive this offer. Also, all rides are $2 on September 1 as well.
- Three Dollar Thursday is just like Two Dollar Tuesday. All admissions and individual rides are $3, and must be purchased the day of at the gate.
Visiting the Nebraska State Fair