From Best Free Stuff Guide
Nebraska State Fair coupons and discounts provide a variety of money saving options for fairgoers. Savings include dollars off discount opportunities on select days at the fair. Additional savings are available for military personnel.
The Nebraska State Fair is held at Fonner Park in Grand Island, Nebraska, for 11 days each year in August and September. The fair features a variety of activities for families and individuals, including a midway, agricultural displays, motor sports, parades, marching bands, interactive education, food, and concerts. 2016 shows and concerts include Thomas Rhett with special guest Jordan Rager, Modern Kowboy, Chris Sayre, Alexa Kriss, The Talbott Brothers, and Paul Siebert.
Flickr: Ryan Frost
|Offered by||Nebraska State Fair|
|Location||Fonner Park, 700 East Stolley Park Road, Grand Island, NE 68801-2200|
|Features||Concerts, motorsports, shows, rides, displays, exhibits, parades, food|
|Types of coupons||Special discount days, advance ticket discounts|
|AARP discount?||No, but seniors 60 and over receive gate admission for $5 on Older Nerbraskan's Day, August 31|
|Military discount?||One day of the fair is designated as free admission day for active and retired military|
Do you love to save? Never want to miss a deal? Sign up for our newsletter here
About the Nebraska State Fair
The 147th Nebraska State Fair takes place August 26 through September 5, 2016. Since its founding, the fair has focused on showcasing the state of Nebraska, and today highlights the state's agriculture, commerce, arts, sciences, technology, and industry. It does this by sponsoring a competitive livestock exhibit, competitions, handmade crafts, a trade show for farming equipment, and baked goods.
Fair admission includes entrance to the fair and free entertainment only. The price is $12 for adults, $3 for children 6-12, and free for children under 6. Midway rides, concerts, food, and select other attractions cost an additional fee. Midway ride wristbands, for example, cost $18 weekdays and $21 on weekends.
Nebraska State Fair Coupons and Free Offers
- Special contests and giveaways to fair concerts are sometimes available through local Nebraska radio stations. For example, Y102 is giving away two tickets to the Keith Urban concert during the fair.
- Advance gate admission is available for a discount of $3 when purchased online by August 25, 2016, at midnight. Child admission is always $3. This deal is for fair visits taking place after September 1, as discounted admission will be available at the gates on those days.
- Each year, the fair sells a season pass. For $55, consumers are able to visit the fair all 11 days. This includes gate admission only.
- The fair also offers a Carnival Non-Stop Fun Pass, good for unlimited access to the carnival rides all season. The cost for the pass is $75 when purchased before August 26. When purchased after August 25, the price is $85.
- The fair offers contests a ticket giveaways through its Facebook page.
2016 Nebraska State Fair Special Discount Days
- Visitors visiting the fair on Opening Day will receive free gate admission until 12 p.m.
- Five Dollar Days take place on Monday, August 29, and Wednesday, August 31. Admission on these days is $5 for visitors 13 and older.
- Two Dollar Tuesday takes place on August 30. Both adults and children are charged $2 on gate admission. Tickets must be purchased at the gate on August 30 to receive this offer.
- Three Dollar Thursday is just like Two Dollar Tuesday. All admissions must be purchased the day of at the gate. Three Dollar Thursday takes place on September 1.
Visiting the Nebraska State Fair