From Best Free Stuff Guide
Michigan Renaissance Festival coupons help visitors reduce the cost of admission tickets. Discount tickets are available to purchase at select locations each year. The fair also offers a variety of special offers through its official website and social network pages.
The Michigan Renaissance Festival is held each year from late August through late September or early October. The 2015 festival will be held weekends and Labor Day Monday from August 22 through October 4. The festival will also be open on Friday, October 2. Operating hours are 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.
|Offered by||Mid America Festivals Inc.|
|Location||12600 Dixie Highway, Holly, MI 48442|
|Features||Period food and drink, artisan demonstrations, costumed characters, jousting, contests, shows, concerts|
|Types of coupons||Dollars off discount tickets|
|AARP discount?||No, but seniors 65 and over receive a $2 discount|
|Military discount?||On Festival Friday, military personnel receive free admission. For the rest of the festival, military personnel receive a $5 discount on admission with a valid military ID.|
Do you love to save? Never want to miss a deal? Sign up for our newsletter here
About the Michigan Renaissance Festival
The Michigan Renaissance Festival takes visitors back in time to the 16th century, offering period food, costumes, entertainment, musical acts, jousting tournaments, and crafts. Each weekend of the festival there is a different theme, including Highland Fling, Sweet Endings, Royal Pet and Ale Fest, Wonders of the World, High Seas Adventure, Harvet Huzzah, Shamrocks and Shenanigans, and Festival Friday.
The first Michigan Renaissance Festival took place in 1979, attracting almost 11,000 visitors. Today, the 16-day festival welcomes an estimated 200,000 to 250,000 people, mostly from around the Detroit area, and nearby states of Ohio, Illinois, and Indiana. Ticket prices to the festival are $21.95 for adults, $12.95 for children 5-12, and $19.95 for students with a valid college ID.
Michigan Renaissance Festival Coupons and Free Offers
- Children under the age of five are admitted to the festival for free.
- Advance tickets are available for $18.95, a savings of $3 per ticket.Advance child tickets are $10.50, a savings of of almost $2.50.
- Group discounts and corporate packages are available by calling 248-634-5552.
- The Michigan Renaissance Festival celebrates cities, offering visitors $3 off admission on select days if they are residents of select named cities. For example:
- August 22-23 - St. Joseph, Grand Rapids, Kalamazoo
- August 29-30 - Saginaw, Flint, Bay City
- September 5-7 - Southfield, Dearborn, Warren
- September 20-21 - Ann Arbor, Fenton, Ypsilanti
- September 27-28 - St. Clair, Gladwin, Alpena
- October 2-4 - Port Huron, Mt. Pleasant, Lansing
- The festival is sponsoring a food drive on August 22, 23, 29, 30, and September 5, 6, and 7. On these days, guests who bring in at least four cans of non-perishable food will receive a $5 discount on admission. In addition, the first 200 people to donate will receive a free souvenir tote bag.
Festival Friday Discounts and Deals
Each year the festival sponsors Festival Friday, offering "School Day" deals and "Ladies Shopping Day" deals. For the "School Day" offer, there is a savings of almost $7 for students 5-12 and a savings of almost $11 for students over 13. Chaperones pay only $9, a savings of almost $13. For "Ladies Shopping Day," women save almost $2 on admission and also receive a free glass of wine and a coupon book.
Renaissance Festival Coupons
Also See: Free Henry Ford Museum Coupons, Free Renaissance Festival Coupons, Free State Fair Coupons, Free Michigan's Adventure Coupons, Free Detroit Zoo Coupons, Free Detroit Science Center Coupons, Free Avalanche Bay Coupons, Free Blue Harbor Resort Coupons