From Best Free Stuff Guide
Michigan Renaissance Festival coupons help visitors reduce the cost of admission tickets. Discount tickets are available to purchase at select locations each year. The fair also offers a variety of special offers through its official website and social network pages.
The Michigan Renaissance Festival is held each year from late August through late September or early October. The 2016 festival will be held weekends and Labor Day Monday from August 20 through October 2. The festival will also be open on Friday, October 2. Operating hours are 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.
|Offered by||Mid America Festivals Inc.|
|Location||12600 Dixie Highway, Holly, MI 48442|
|Features||Period food and drink, artisan demonstrations, costumed characters, jousting, contests, shows, concerts|
|Types of coupons||Dollars off discount tickets|
|AARP discount?||No, but seniors 65 and over receive a $2 discount|
|Military discount?||On Festival Friday, military personnel receive free admission. For the rest of the festival, military personnel receive a $5 discount on admission with a valid military ID.|
Do you love to save? Never want to miss a deal? Sign up for our newsletter here
About the Michigan Renaissance Festival
The Michigan Renaissance Festival takes visitors back in time to the 16th century, offering period food, costumes, entertainment, musical acts, rides, jousting tournaments, and crafts. This includes more than 300 artisans selling their wares, as well as 17 stages featuring various forms of entertainment. Each weekend of the festival there is a different theme, including Highland Fling, Sweet Endings, Royal Pet and Ale Fest, Wonders of the World, High Seas Adventure, Harvet Huzzah, Shamrocks and Shenanigans, and Festival Friday.
The first Michigan Renaissance Festival took place in 1979, attracting almost 11,000 visitors. Today, the 16-day festival welcomes more than 250,000 people, mostly from around Michigan, nearby states, and Canada. Ticket prices to the festival are $22.95 for adults and $13.95 for children 5-12.
Michigan Renaissance Festival Coupons and Free Offers
- Children under the age of five are admitted to the festival for free.
- College students with a valid student ID receive $3 off admission.
- Advance tickets are available for $19.95, a savings of $3 per ticket. Advance child tickets are $11.50, a savings of of almost $2.50.
- Group discounts and corporate packages are available by calling 248-634-5552. The savings is almost $5.50 for adults and almost $4.50 for children.
- Season passes are available to purchase, saving visitors who plan on attending more than four days. The cost of an adult pass is $89.95 and the cost of a child pass is $49.95.
- The Michigan Renaissance Festival celebrates cities, offering visitors $3 off admission on select days if visitors are residents of select named cities. For example:
- August 20-21 - East Lansing, Georgetown, Lincoln Park
- August 27-28 - Waterford, Livonia, and Sterling Heights
- September 3-5 - Rochester Hills, Clinton, and Taylor
- September 10-11 - Macomb, Wyoming, Southgate
- September 17-18 - Jackson, Pontiac, and Roseville
- September 24-25 - Muskegon, Ferndale, and Gaines
- September 30 and October 1-2 - Westland, Romulus, and Oak Park
- The festival operates their own Facebook page, occasionally giving away free tickets to select visitors who "like" or "share" the page.
- Discount tickets for the festival are available to purchase through participating Menards, Kroger, and Walgreens locations.
- Coupons are available at participating Subway and Bob's Bog Boy restaurants.
Festival Friday Discounts and Deals
Each year the festival sponsors Festival Friday, offering "School Day" deals and "Ladies Shopping Day" deals. For the "School Day" offer, there is a savings of almost $5 for students 5-12 and a savings of almost $12 for students over 13. Chaperones pay only $11, a savings of almost $12 In addition, school groups receive one free chaperone ticket for every 10 students. For "Ladies Shopping Day," women save almost $2 on admission and also receive a free glass of wine and a coupon book.
Renaissance Festival Coupons
Also See: Free Henry Ford Museum Coupons, Free Renaissance Festival Coupons, Free State Fair Coupons, Free Michigan's Adventure Coupons, Free Detroit Zoo Coupons, Free Detroit Science Center Coupons, Free Avalanche Bay Coupons, Free Blue Harbor Resort Coupons