From Best Free Stuff Guide
The Maryland State Fair is held for 11 days each year in August and September, and welcomes an estimated 500,000 visitors. The fair has roots dating back to 1879, and has grown from a small 37-acre fair to more than 100 acres. The fair features a variety of family-friendly activities, including rides, games, food, exhibits, and concerts.
Visitors to the Maryland State Fair that want to save on admission costs can take advantage of Maryland State Fair coupons and discounts. Savings are available for fair admission, rides, and on special discounted days. Additional savings opportunities are available to those that purchase their tickets in advance, and those that spend over $100.
|Offered by||Maryland State Fair|
|Location||2200 York Road, Timonium, MD 21093|
|Features||Rides, games, food, exhibit and demonstration halls, concerts, etc.|
|Types of coupons||Discounted days, discounts on ride tickets, advance sales tickets|
|AARP discount?||No, but seniors age 62 and over save $2 on admission|
|Military discount?||Yes; free admission for military personnel and family on select day|
Do you love to save? Never want to miss a deal? Sign up for our newsletter here
About the Maryland State Fair
The 2014 Maryland State Fair takes place August 22 through September 1, with hours of operation Monday through Thursday from noon to 10 p.m. and Friday through Sunday from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. Admission prices include entrance to the fair only, and cost $8 for adults, $6 for seniors age 62 and over, and $3 for children ages 6-11. Children under age six are admitted free. Ride tickets are an additional charge, with each ride taking between 1-6 tickets. Parking is available on-site for $3 per vehicle, but spaces are limited. Additional parking is available at the nearby Park and Ride for free.
Maryland State Fair Coupons and Free Offers
- Discount ride sheets are available at the on-site ride ticket booths. Visitors can purchase 50 tickets for $45 (a $5 savings).
- Ride wristbands are another way to save on rides, and can be used from noon to 6 p.m. on select days only. Ride wristbands include unlimited rides for one up front cost.
- Each year, the state fair offers a preview night. From 5 p.m. to 11 p.m. on the selected night, visitors are able to ride unlimited rides and get fair admission for a discounted price. Only the midway rides, food stands, and games are open on preview night.
- Advance ticket sales are available each year, usually until one week prior to the fair's start. In order to get discounts on admission, as well as ride or food coupons, consumers have to spend over $100.
- The Maryland State Fair usually offers a Labor Day Ride Special from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. Consumers pay for a wristband and receive unlimited ride privileges for the entire day.
- For the 2014 fair, ride discounts were available at Food Lion locations.
- The Maryland State Fair operates a Facebook page. Consumers can "Like" the fair and find out about special offers, discounts, and news as they become available. Some offers may be exclusive to fans.
- Coupons for the fair may sometimes be available through local media outlets, including television and radio stations. These stations may sometimes sponsor contests or free ticket giveaways throughout the fair's duration.
- Package deals for fair admission and hotel accommodations may be available through area hotels and motels.
- Included with admission to the fair are several free shows and attractions. This includes bull riding and barrel racing, jousting displays, thoroughbred racing, pig racing, agricultural fair tour, and the birthing center.
Visiting the Maryland State Fair
Also See: Free Maryland Renaissance Festival Coupons,Free Renaissance Festival Coupons, Free Spy Museum Coupons, Free Newseum Coupons, Free Erie County Fair Coupons, Free Maryland Science Center Coupons, Free Port Discovery Coupons, Free Crime and Punishment Museum Coupons, Free Baltimore Aquarium Coupons, Free Baltimore Zoo Coupons,