From Best Free Stuff Guide
Kansas City Renaissance Festival coupons and discounts help save festival-goers money on admission costs. Dollars off discount coupons and tickets are available through area merchants, or visitors have the option to purchase discount tickets online. Additional savings are offered for groups of 10 or more people, students, seniors, military personnel, and season passholders.
In 2016, the Kansas City Renaissance Festival will be celebrating its 40th year in operation. The 2016 festival takes place from September 3 through October 16 in Bonner Springs, Kansas. Guests are whisked back to the 16th century, with jousts performed four times each day at 11 a.m., 1 p.m., 3 p.m., and 5 p.m.
Flickr: Patrick Hoesly
|Offered by||Kansas City Renaissance Festival|
|Location||633 North 130th St., Bonner Springs, KS 66012|
|Features||Theme weekends, jousting, period food and drink, jugglers, magicians, musicians, hypnotists, etc.|
|Types of coupons||Discount tickets through area merchants, group deals, season pass offers, senior discounts, etc.|
|AARP discount?||No, but seniors 65 and over save almost $2.50 on admission|
|Military discount?||Military Appreciation Days are on September3, 4, 5 and 26, 27. All military personnel receive buy one, get one free admission tickets with a valid military ID.|
Do you love to save? Never want to miss a deal? Sign up for our newsletter here
About the Kansas City Renaissance Festival
The Kansas City Renaissance Festival takes place weekends and Labor Day Monday from Labor Day weekend through mid-October. The festival is open on Saturdays and Sundays from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. and on Labor Day Monday and Columbus Day from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Admission prices include free parking, entrance to the festival, entertainment shows, special events and jousting tournaments. Customers are charged for food, drink, arts and crafts purchases, rides, and games. General admission is $21.95 for adults and $12.95 for children 5-12.
The festival offers several features for customers, including several on site ATMS, same day re-entry with hand stamp, a First Aid Station, and a lost and found area. Guests are also permitted to bring their dogs and cats. However, they must first be registered.
Kansas City Renaissance Festival Coupons and Free Offers
- Children under the age of five receive free admission.
- Students receive almost $2.50 off admission with a valid student ID.
- Group discounts are available for those visiting with 10 or more people. The savings is almost $6 per adult ticket. Additional group price breaks are offered for those visiting with 25 people, 50 people, 100 people, and 400 people.
- Discount tickets are available at area retailers, including select Hy-Vee, Walgreens, Dillons, Gerbes, Menards, Enchanted Gifts, and Baker's locations.
- Festival coupons are available to pick up at participating Subway, Casey's General Store, Savers, Pepper Jax Grill, and Dairy Queen.
- Visitors are also able to save money when they purchase tickets online. The savings is $3 for adults and almost $2.50 for children.
- Season passholders receive free admission all seven weekends. An Adult Pass costs $89.95 and a child's Pass costs $55.00. A Royal Pass costs $169.95 and a Royal Collection costs $249.95. Additional season pass benefits include 10 percent off on merchandise at the Festival Souvenir Shoppes and one free admission for a guest. The Royal Pass also includes four free tickets, a Commemorative Medallion, and a festival stein.
- Visitors also have the option to purchase a two-day pass at a discount. The pass must be used during the same weekend and costs $40.
2016 Kansas City Renaissance Festival Discount Days and Weekends
The Kansas City Renaissance Festival offers several deals through its "Promotions" page. Some of the offers include:
- Harvester's Food Drive: Guests who bring in at least five cans of non-perishable food on September 3, 4, 5, 10, 11, 17, and 18 will receive a buy one, get one free adult ticket.
- In addition to military personnel, firefighters, police officers, and EMTs also receive buy one, get one free admission deals on September 3, 4, and 5 with a valid ID.
- Artisan Appreciation Day takes place the first three weekends of the festival. Anyone who purchases $150 more in artisan crafts will receive a free admission ticket.
- Half-Price Pet Admission - Pets are admitted for $5 on September 17 and 18, a 50 percent off discount.
- Biker Weekend - On September 10 and September 11, guests who show their motorcycle ID will receive $5 off adult admission at the gate.
- College Weekend takes place September 24 and 25. College students receive $10 festival admission and a free drink voucher with their valid student ID.
2016 Resident Discount Days
Throughout the festival's duration, there are several discount days for area cities. Residents from these cities will receive $3 off admission tickets:
- September 3-5 - Bonner Springs and Edwardsville, Kansas residents
- September 10 and 11 - Omaha and Lincoln, Nebraska residents and Council Bluffs, Iowa
- September 17 and 18 - Columbia, Jefferson City, and Rolla, Missouri residents
- September 24 and 25 - Lawrence, Manhattan, and Topeka, Kansas residents
- October 1 and 2 - Joplin, Springfield, and Warrensburg residents
- October 1 and 2 - McPherson, Witchita, and Salina, Kansas residents
- October 15 and 16 - St. Joseph and Maryville, Missouri residents and Atchison, Kansas residents
Kansas City Renaissance Festival