From Best Free Stuff Guide
Iowa State Fair coupons help fair goers save on admission costs. Discount tickets are available to purchase each year prior to the fair's start, and help save visitors 30 percent on admission. Additional savings are offered through special promotions throughout the duration of the fair.
The Iowa State Fair in Des Moines has been entertaining guests since 1854, and was listed in The New York Times bestseller 1,000 Places to See Before You Die. The fair is held each year for 11 days in August. The 2016 fair will be held from August 11 through August 21.
Flickr: Phil Roeder
|Offered by||Iowa State Fair|
|Location||3000 East Grand Avenue, Des Moines, IA 50317-2494|
|Features||Rides, food, blue-ribbon competitions, shopping, entertainment|
|Types of coupons||Group discounts, special promotional offers|
|AARP discount?||No, but there is a special "Older Iowans' Day" for seniors 60 and over. They save $4 on admission from 7 a.m. until 5 p.m. on Wednesday, August 17, 2016|
|Military discount?||The fair hosts a Veteran's Day each year. On August 15, 2016, all active and retired military receive $4 off admission between 7 a.m. and 5 p.m.|
Do you love to save? Never want to miss a deal? Sign up for our newsletter here
About the Iowa State Fair
The Iowa State Fair is one of the largest and oldest agricultural fairs in the United States, welcoming more than one million people each year. The fair, which inspired the novel State Fair, is also Iowa's largest event. The theme for the 2016 fair is "Nothing Compares to my Iowa State Fair."
Gate admission prices are $12 for adults $6 for children 6-11. Fair admission provides access to general fair festivities, but does not include rides or Grandstand tickets. Parking at the fair is $10 for cars and motorcycles and $2 for bicycles. The fairgrounds are open daily from 7 a.m. until 1 a.m., the buildings are open from 9 a.m. until 9 p.m., and the midway is open from 10 a.m. until 12 a.m.
Iowa State Fair Coupons and Free Offers
- Children under the age of six are admitted free.
- Visitors who purchase their tickets in advance online save. Savings include $4 off adult tickets and $2 off child tickets. These prices also apply to advance tickets purchased at Iowa Hy-Vee, Hy-Vee Drugstores, and Fareway Stores.
- The "Free Entertainment" section of the official Iowa State Fair website lists all the free entertainment offered each year with paid gate admission. Some of the free entertainment includes concerts from Hawk Nelson, Ratt, Brett Michaels, Billy Bob Thornton and the Boxmasters, Marty Stuart, Vixen, and The Temptations.
- A "Family Fun Pack" is $16 and helps visitors save up to $34. The pack includes includes a gate admission, one sky glider ride, one zipline ride or Crazy Mouse ticket, one giant slide or Ye Old Mill ride, one Snakes Alive or Train Exhibit ticket, one midway ride, and five $1 food and beverage tickets.
2016 Iowa State Fair Discount Days
Throughout the duration of the fair, there are several discount day opportunities for guests such as:
- On Thursday, August 11, the Iowa State Fair is celebrating "Opening Day" with a Canned Food Drive. All visitors who bring in at least three cans of food receive $3 off fair admission. This offer is available between 7 a.m. and 5 p.m. at the admission gate.
- Sunday, August 21, is "Extreme Sunday" at the fair. All adults receive $6 off admission from 7 a.m. until 9 p.m.
- Adults receive $6 off admission and kids receive $3 off admission from 5 p.m. until 10 p.m. Monday through Thursday.
Visiting the Iowa State Fair
Also See: Free State Fair Coupons, Free Science Center of Iowa Coupons, Free Adventureland Coupons, Free Amazing Pizza Machine Coupons, Free Fun Plex Coupons, Free Lost Island Water Park Coupons, Free Des Moines Renaissance Faire Coupons, Free Renaissance Festival Coupons, Free Attraction Coupons