From Best Free Stuff Guide
Great Clips first opened in 1982, and has evolved into the world's largest salon brand. Great Clips coupons and discounts help save consumers money on their next hair cut, color, perm, or style at the international salon. Discounts are available online through the official website or through coupon mailers like Valpak.
In addition to its numerous haircuts, Great Clips also offers a variety of services to customers. These include an online store locator, social networking pages, and gift cards.
Flickr: Deborah Austin
|Competitors||Sports Clips, local salons|
|Types of coupons||Dollars off, buy one, get one free|
|AAA discount?||Some Great Clips locations offer a $2 discount upon request|
|AARP discount?||No, but select locations offer $3 off haircuts for seniors age 60 and over|
|Military discount?||$2 off when an active duty military ID is presented|
Do you love to save? Never want to miss a deal? Sign up for our newsletter here
About Great Clips
The first Great Clips location opened in 1982, and today there are more than 3,000 locations across the United States. Each location is an independently owned (or franchised) location, and many are located in shopping centers. Great Clips employs more than 30,000 stylists at its numerous locations. Great Clips offers walk-in haircuts to customers and sells such products as Detour, Tea Tree, Solutions by Great Clips, Redken, Matrix, Nioxin, American Crew, Joico, and Sexy Hair.
Great Clips Coupons and Free Offers
- The "Promotions" section on the official Great Clips website provides information on a variety of savings opportunities throughout the year.
- Great Clips offers a free newsletter called "Get Great Stuff" that customers are able to sign up for through the "Promotions" section on the official website. Subscribers receive information on store news, offers, contests, and promotions throughout the year by e-mail or text.
- Since Great Clips is a franchise establishment, many coupons for select Great Clips locations will be offered only at that location. These coupons are offered inside local print publications (including the Sunday newspaper), coupon books, door hangers, and coupon mailers. For example, select Great Clips locations offer coupons through the Valpak mailer. Offers include dollars off savings such as $5 off any perm.
- Great Clips sometimes holds sweepstakes and other types of contests throughout the year, with winners receiving free products or services in addition to other prizes. One example was the 2011 Man Makeover contest, in which the man who most needed an image overhaul won a free cut at Great Clips, a Visa gift card for $50, and a gift package of Redken for Men grooming products. The 2012 promotions included the Free Haircuts for a Year promotion in which one person was chosen each month to win a Great Clips gift card for $100. The registration form on the official Great Clips website gave consumers a chance to earn a second chance at the prize by entering a cell phone number. Also in 2012, Great Clips gave away 30 prizes to celebrate 30 years. Prizes ranged from freebies to products offered back when Great Clips first opened. Prizes included a free iPad, free Droid Smartphone, a Flux Capacitor t-shirt, a Save Ferris t-shirt, a Boy Meets World DVD set, and a David Hasselhoff Baywatch poster. Consumers had the option to enter for these prizes through the official Everything Great website.
- Great Clips offers free iPhone and Android apps. The apps allow customers to book online, alerting the nearest Great Clips location when they will be arriving and how many are in their group.
Great Clips Coupon Information
Also See: Free Sports Clips Coupons, Free Shampoo Samples, Free Bed Bath and Beyond Coupons, Free Valpak Coupons, Free Bath and Body Works Coupons, Free Home Depot Coupons, Free Shapes Salon and Day Spa Coupons