From Best Free Stuff Guide
The California State Fair takes place each year in Sacramento, California, for 18 days from mid-July through late July. California State Fair coupons are one way fairgoers are able to save on admission costs each year. BOGO coupons are sometimes offered at area retail stores, while special discount days save visitors on admission or offer free admission. Package deals are also available for fair admission and overnight accommodations at local hotels.
The first California State Fair was held in San Francisco, California in 1854. For the next several years, the fair traveled locations before settling permanently in Sacramento in 1859. Since the early fairs, which welcomed an estimated 15,000 people a day, the fair has grown to welcome more than one million visitors each year.
Flickr: Bob n Renee
|Offered by||California State Fair|
|Location||1600 Exposition Blvd. Sacramento, CA 95815|
|Features||Food, concerts, drink, shopping, exhibits, competitions, rides|
|Types of coupons||Ultimate Coupon Book, special discount days|
|AARP discount?||No, but seniors 62 and over save $2 on admission each day and $4 on admission on senior days |
|Military discount?||Active military receive free admission on "First Responders Day" at the fair each year|
Do you love to save? Never want to miss a deal? Sign up for our newsletter here
About the California State Fair
Each year the California State Fair is typically open Monday through Thursday from 11 a.m. to 10 p.m. and Friday through Sunday from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. The Magical Midway is open Monday and Thursday from 2 p.m. to 11 p.m., Tuesday from 11 a.m. to 11 p.m., Wednesday from 12 p.m. to 11 p.m., and Friday through Sunday from 11 a.m. to midnight. General fair admission usually costs $12 for adults, $8 for children 5-12, and $10 for seniors 62 and over. Children under the age of five are admitted free. Unlimited ride wristabands cost $31 for guests 48 inches tall and over and $22 for guests under 48 inches tall. Parking is available on site for $10 per vehicle.
The California State Fair offers a variety of entertainment options for visitors. This includes midway rides, concerts, sporting events, exhibits, competitions, wine and beer, shopping, food, and entertainment.
California State Fair Coupons and Free Offers
- The fair offers several promotional days for visitors. For example, every Tuesday is "Kids Day" at the fair. All children aged 12 and under receive free admission and pay only $1 for rides. Every Wednesday at the fair is "Wells Fargo Savings Days." Admission is only $6 and ride wristbands are only $15. Every Friday is "62 and Better! Days," offering $8 admission before 8 p.m. to seniors 62 and over.
- The "Ultimate Coupon Book" offers visitors 100 coupons that save visitors 30 percent or more on food, drinks, and retail purchases for the fair's duration. The book is available to purchase each year for $5, or visitors have the option to save by purchasing a "Poppy Pak," which includes the coupon book, four fair admission tickets, four monorail or midway ride tickets, and a parking ticket for $47.95. Some of the coupons included in the book are offers on kettle corn, ice cream, caramel apples, funnel cakes, salt water taffy, psychic readings, pirate boats and go karts, and photo buttons.
- Each year the fair sponsors contests under the "Sweepstakes" section on the fair's official website.
- Several area hotels offer package deals for overnight accommodations and fair admission. These include the Comfort Inn and Suites on Howe Avenue, the DoubleTree by Hilton Sacramento, the Hampton Inn and Suites on Auburn Boulevard, the Hilton Sacramento Arden West, the Holiday Inn Express Cal Expo, and the Quality Inn on Howe Avenue.
- Several retail locations offer coupons throughout the fair's duration. In 2012, BOGO coupons were available at participating Big O Tires throughout Northern Nevada and Northern California.
California State Fair Zip Line
Also See: Free Renaissance Festival Coupons, Free Funderland Coupons, Free Raging Waters Coupons, Free Golfland Coupons, Free San Francisco Zoo Coupons, Free Napa Valley Wine Train Coupons, Free Exploratorium Coupons, Free Six Flags Discovery Kingdom Coupons