From Best Free Stuff Guide
California State Fair coupons are one way fairgoers are able to save on admission costs each year. BOGO coupons are sometimes offered at area retail stores, while special discount days save visitors on admission or offer free admission. Package deals are also available for fair admission and overnight accommodations at local hotels.
The California State Fair takes place each year in Sacramento, California, for 18 days from mid-July through late July. The fair's inaugural year was 1854 in San Francisco, California. For the next several years, the fair traveled locations before settling permanently in Sacramento in 1859. Since the early fairs, which welcomed an estimated 15,000 people a day, the fair has grown to welcome more than one million visitors each year.
Flickr: Bob n Renee
|Offered by||California State Fair|
|Location||1600 Exposition Blvd. Sacramento, CA 95815|
|Features||Food, concerts, drink, shopping, exhibits, competitions, rides|
|Types of coupons||Ultimate Coupon Book, special discount days|
|AARP discount?||No, but seniors 62 and over save $2 on admission each day and $4 on admission on senior days|
|Military discount?||Active military receive free admission on Military and Veteran Appreciation Day|
Do you love to save? Never want to miss a deal? Sign up for our newsletter here
About the California State Fair
Each year the California State Fair is typically open Monday through Thursday from 11 a.m. to 10 p.m. and Friday through Sunday from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. The Magical Midway is open Monday and Thursday from 2 p.m. to 11 p.m., Tuesday from 11 a.m. to 11 p.m., Wednesday from 12 p.m. to 11 p.m., and Friday through Sunday from 11 a.m. to midnight. General fair admission typically costs $12 for adults and $8 for children 5-12. Unlimited ride wristabands cost $30 for visitors Monday through Friday and $35 for visitors Saturday and Sunday. Parking is available onsite for $10.
The California State Fair offers a variety of entertainment options for visitors. This includes midway rides, concerts, sporting events, exhibits, competitions, wine and beer, shopping, food, and entertainment.
California State Fair Coupons and Free Offers
- Children under the age of five are admitted free.
- Discount tickets are available for those who purchase their tickets in advance of July 10. The price for regular admission is $10 for adults and $6 for children, a savings of $2.
- Discounted ride wristbands are available when visitors purchase them by July 9. The savings is $2 Monday through Friday and $7 on Saturday and Sunday.
- Seasons passes are available at the fair for $49.99, saving visitors who plan on attending the fair multiple times throughout the fair's duration. The pass must be purchased before July 10.
- The "Ultimate Coupon Book" offers visitors 100 coupons that save visitors 30 percent or more on food, drinks, and retail purchases for the fair's duration. The book is available to purchase each year for $5. Some of the coupons included in the book are offers on kettle corn, ice cream, caramel apples, funnel cakes, salt water taffy, psychic readings, pirate boats and go karts, and photo buttons.
- The California State Fairs sells a "Family Fun Pack," saving visitors dollars off tickets and rides. The package deal includes four admission tickets, four carnival rides or monorail tickets, and a parking pass for $49.99. This deal is only available when purchased by July 9.
- Each year the fair sponsors contests under the "Sweepstakes" section on the fair's official website.
- Several area hotels offer package deals for overnight accommodations and fair admission. These include the Comfort Inn and Suites on Howe Avenue, the DoubleTree by Hilton Sacramento, the Hampton Inn and Suites on Auburn Boulevard, the Hilton Sacramento Arden West, the Holiday Inn Express Cal Expo, and the Quality Inn on Howe Avenue.
2015 California State Fair Promotional Days Discounts and Deals
The fair offers several promotional days for visitors each year. For example:
- Every Tuesday is "Kids Day" at the fair. All children age 12 and under receive free admission. In addition, all fairgoers receive $2 rides all day.
- On Thursday, July 23, all first responders receive free fair admission with valid ID.
- Every Friday is "Senior Savings Fridays." In 2015, the dates are July 10, 17, and 24, offering $8 admission before 8 p.m. to seniors 62 and over. Seniors also receive a free ride on the Giant Wheel and Grand Carousel.
California State Fair Zip Line
Also See: Free Renaissance Festival Coupons, Free Funderland Coupons, Free Raging Waters Coupons, Free Golfland Coupons, Free San Francisco Zoo Coupons, Free Napa Valley Wine Train Coupons, Free Exploratorium Coupons, Free Six Flags Discovery Kingdom Coupons