From Best Free Stuff Guide
Black Friday coupons and codes are offered by several retail stores on the Friday after Thanksgiving each year. In 2014, Black Friday falls on November 28. These Black Friday deals are generally much lower than the regular price for items during the year, but consumers may have to get an early start to find some of the items for sale.
Companies that typically offer Black Friday deals include general retailers such as Amazon.com, Wal-Mart, and Target, as well as specialized retailers such as Best Buy, Barnes and Noble, Jo-Ann Fabrics and Crafts, and Sephora. While some of these offers are only available inside retail stores, other Black Friday deals are offered through a retailer's website. However, most offers are in store, as Cyber Monday falls on the Monday after Thanksgiving and focuses on online discounts and deals.
|Offered by||Several companies, including Walmart, Target,Harbor Freight, Ace Hardware, Best Buy, Amazon.com, Jo-Ann, and Sephora|
|Available||Both online and in retail stores|
|Types of coupons||Online coupon codes, printable coupons, weekly ad circulars, doorbuster deals|
|Limitations||Items are only available for a limited time, typically Black Friday only. Also, doorbusters may only be offered to a certain number of shoppers or for a short period of time during Black Friday|
|Coupon required?||Some offers may require either a printed coupon or an online promo code|
Do you love to save? Never want to miss a deal? Sign up for our newsletter here
2013 Black Friday Coupons and Codes
Many retailers feature Black Friday coupons and codes each year. Many of these are available inside various store's weekly ads. While a majority of these stores release the offers prior to Black Friday, others wait until the last minute, focusing on the element of surprise and to entice customers in to see what amazing deals "may" be offered. Some of the 2013 offers include the following:
- Best Buy offers a variety of Black Friday deals and doorbusters each year. In 2014, deals will be offered on appliances, laptops, video games, digital cameras, and HDTVs.
- Some of the Black Friday deals available at Macy's this year include a Sharper Image Action Camera for $49.99, 60 percent off (with an extra 10 percent off) on Martha Stewart Collections Enameled Cast Iron Casserole Dishes, and $19.99 for Rampage Boots. The store will also open at 8 p.m. on Thanksgiving.
- JC Penney will be offering a free Mickey Mouse snow globe to customers while supplies last during Black Friday. The store will also open at 8 p.m. on Thanksgiving.
- GameStop opens at midnight on November 29, and offers a variety of discounts and deals. Some of the offers include Assassin's Creed IV for $40, Battlefield 4 for $29.99, Sniper Elite for $14.99, and Halo 4 for $29.99.
- Ace Hardware is offering a 20 percent discount on all regularly priced items until 10 a.m. on Black Friday. Other deals include savings on holiday lighting. For example, Lighted Holiday Silhouettes are only $5.99.
- Harbor Freight opens at 7:30 a.m. on Black Friday, and features discounts of up to 80 percent off regular prices. Offers include a Cen-tech Non-Contact Infrared Thermometer with Laser Targetting for $19.83, a savings of 66 percent, and a Pittsburgh 105 Piece Tool Kit with Four Drawer Chest for $36.79, a savings of 50 percent.
- Half Price Books opens at 7 a.m. on Black Friday with early bird specials. The store also has a coupon for Black Friday only that includes either 40 percent off one item or $15 off a purchase of $50 or more.
- Kohl's opens at 8 p.m. on Thanksgiving evening, and is offering a variety of deals for Black Friday. For example, select toys are 50 percent off, while all Home Classics fleece and flannel sheets are 75 percent off. Kohl's is also offering 40 to 55 percent off select watch styles, and a KitchenAid Artisan stand mixer for $299 after 10 percent off and a $50 mail in rebate. In addition, for every $50 spent, customers will receive $15 in Kohl's Cash.
- REI opens for Black Friday at 7 a.m. on Friday, with savings that include 40 percent off REI-Brand men's and women's sportswear, and REI Passage 2-Tent for $99.99, and REI Flash 18 Packs for $19.99.
- Target opens for Black Friday at 8 p.m. on Thanksgiving, with deals available through November 30. Black Friday deals are offered for items like movies, music, iPads, video games, televisions, and cameras. Some of the specific offers include a $100 gift card with select iPad purchases, buy one, get one for 50 percent off on select toys, and 5 percent to 70 percent off select movies.
- Cabelas is opening at 5 a.m. on Black Friday, and will be offering a wide range of deals until 10 a.m. These include 40 percent off cold weather accessories, a Cabela's Seclusion 3D Recline with Power for $299, a savings of $300, and a Cabela's Vault Fridge for $249, a savings of $180.
Black Friday Doorbuster Deals
- Half Price Books will be offering the first 100 people to enter the store receive a free tote and a $5 gift card. Also, one tote bag will have a $100 gift card inside.
- Cabelas is offering the first 600 people in line a card that contains one of six gifts. These include a GoPro, a $100 gift card, binoculars, and more.
- Best Buy is offering several doorbusters when the stores open starting at 6 p.m. on Thanksgiving. The way the store's doorbuster deals work is that customers in line will receive a ticket for select deals that must be used by a certain time. In addition to mystery doorbusters at midnight, some of this year's deals include a $299 iPad 2 tablet and a Samsung 65 inch Class LED 1080p for $9.99.
2013 Black Friday - Walmart
About Black Friday
The term "Black Friday" refers to the Friday after Thanksgiving Day, and was coined during the 1960s. The term was designated to mark the beginning of the holiday shopping season, and has evolved to include retailers drastically lowering prices in an attempt to encourage shoppers to make purchases. Some of the items that are in highest demand on Black Friday include toys and electronics.
Some Black Friday discounts are called "doorbusters," which means that they are only available to the first group of shoppers who arrive at stores. Doorbusters are usually deeply discounted items and stores may only carry a few of these items in stock. As a result, some shoppers line up outside stores hours or days in advance to get an early jump on Black Friday shopping. Some years, select companies begin offering Black Friday deals as early as 8 p.m. on Thanksgiving Day.
Also See: Free Cyber Monday Coupon Codes, Free Amazon.com Coupon Codes, Free Target Coupons and Codes, Free Best Buy Coupons and Codes, Free Jo-Ann Fabrics Coupons and Codes, Free Sephora Coupons, Free Barnes and Noble Coupons and Codes