From Best Free Stuff Guide
Amusement park coupons provide discounts on admission, food, drinks, and souvenirs. Coupons are available as promo codes and printable coupons online, or as printed coupons inside select coupon books or tourist magazines. Savings include buy one, get one free (BOGO) deals, dollars off discounts, and percentages off savings. Additional discounts are sometimes available for season pass-holders, groups, seniors, military personnel, and AAA members.
|Offered by||Amusement parks|
|Locations||Every U.S. state|
|Amusement park companies||Six Flags, Cedar Fair Entertainment, Herschend Family Entertainment, Disney, Universal Studios|
|Features||Rides, redemption games, arcade, gift shops, restaurants, shows, concerts|
|Type of coupons||Printable coupons, printed coupons, season pass deals, group discounts, etc.|
|AAA discount?||Amusement parks like Six Flags offer $5 off admission and 10% off merchandise purchases of $15 or more|
|AARP discount?||No, but most amusement parks offer senior discounts. For example, Holiday World offers a discount of up to $10 off admission for seniors 60 and over|
|Military discount?||Parks like Six Flags typically offer discount tickets through local ITR/MWR offices|
Do you love to save? Never want to miss a deal? Sign up for our newsletter here
Amusement Park Coupons and Free Offers
- Printable coupons are available online through tourist websites for select cities. Not all amusement parks offer printable coupons, but many do, including Six Flags Fiesta Texas and Six Flags Over Texas. For example, Six Flags Fiesta Texas offers a coupon good for $15 off admission through the SanAntonioRiverwalk.com website.
- Coupons for select amusement parks are available inside Entertainment Coupon Books for certain cities. These books are available to purchase online through the coupon book's official website, and include coupons for numerous attractions, restaurants, sporting events, and museums in a certain city. For example, the Denver Entertainment Coupon Book offers a coupon good for a free gate admission and unlimited rides ticket with the purchase of a gate admission and unlimited ride ticket for Lakeside amusement park. The book also offers up to a $60 savings at Elitch Gardens. The Long Island Entertainment Coupon Book offers 20 percent off Adventureland apparel in the Adventureland gift shop for Adventureland in Farmingdale, New York.
Amusement Park Discounts and Offers on the Official Website
The official website of the amusement park consumers plan on visiting is one of the best resources for finding coupons, discounts, and special offers.
- Group discounts are often available to those visiting the park with at least 10-20 people. Savings usually include up to $10 off the admission price. For example, Wild Adventures offers a group discount for 15 or more people. The savings is over $12 per ticket.
- Online ticket purchases are another way to save, with discounts between $10-$20 off admission. However, many online ticket purchases also charge a processing fee of up to $5 per order. For example, Six Flags Magic Mountain online tickets are $25 of the gate price during regular season and $20 off the gate price during Fright Fest.
- Season passes are available to purchase for one up front fee, and offer visitors free admission for a year. Additional benefits may include discounts on park food and merchandise, bring-a-friend-free days, and coupon books good for in-park purchases. Passes usually cost less than the price of two to three admission tickets. Some season passes may also include free admission to other parks operated by the same company. For example, pass-holders for any Six Flags park also receive free admission to the other 13 Six Flags properties. Cedar Fair properties also offer this deal to guests who purchase a Platinum pass. Cedar Fair properties include Cedar Point, Kings Island, Gilroy Gardens, Valleyfair, and Carowinds.
- Social networking sites are another form of savings opportunities via the official website. Most amusement parks offer a Facebook page and Twitter feed. Sometimes exclusive offers will be made available to fans or followers of the amusement park. For example, Legolad's Facebook page offers special Instagram contests that receive multiple tickets and overnight resorts and hotel stays.
- E-Clubs and Newsletters also help visitors save at amusement parks. For example, the free Holiday World newsletter notifies subscribers about special promotions by e-mail.
Visiting an Amusement Park
About Amusement Parks
Amusement parks have a history dating back to the mid-16th century. It was during that time that Pleasure Gardens debuted throughout Europe as an outdoor entertainment venue. These gardens featured some of the first amusement rides, as well as games, dancing, bowling, music, fountains, and gardens. Today, amusement parks have evolved to include high tech roller coasters, water rides, family and kid rides, live shows, and musical entertainment.
Amusement parks exist throughout the United States, with some parks owned and operated by families and others run by entertainment companies. Two of the larger entertainment companies running amusement parks include Six Flags, Herschend Family Entertainment , and Cedar Fair Entertainment. Six Flags runs amusement parks like Six Flags Over Texas, Magic Mountain, and Six Flags New England. Cedar Fair Entertainment operates such parks as Cedar Point, Carowinds, and Great America. Herschend Family Entertainment runs Silver Dollar City and Dollywood Family run parks include Holiday World and Land of Make Believe.
Also See: Free Water Park Coupons, Free Elitch Gardens Coupons, Free Darien Lake Coupons, Free Great Escape Coupons, Free Martin's Fantasy Island Coupons, Free Fantasy Island Coupons, Free Holiday World Coupons, Free Frontier City Coupons, Free Magic Springs Coupons, Free Dorney Park Coupons, Free Silver Dollar City Coupons, Free Dollywood Coupons, Free Carowinds Coupons, Free Sesame Place Coupons, Free Canobie Lake Park Coupons, Free SplashDown Beach Coupons