From Best Free Stuff Guide
Alcatraz coupons and discounts can help visitors to the northern California attraction save on fare and tour costs. Discounts are available for groups of 15 or more and for seniors 62 and over. Other savings are offered in the form of San Francisco attraction passes, including the San Francisco CityPASS program, which can save visitors 50% off several area attractions, including Alcatraz.
Alcatraz Island, or The Rock, was a federal penitentiary from 1934 - 1963. The prison has been renovated into a San Francisco tourist attraction.
|Offered by||Alcatraz Cruises, LLC|
|Location||Pier 33, Hornblower Alcatraz Landing, San Francisco, California 94111|
|Features||Wharf tours, island tours, penitentiary tours|
|Types of coupons||Combination tickets, admission discounts, group sales|
Do you love to save? Never want to miss a deal? Sign up for our newsletter here
Alcatraz Island is located on San Francisco Bay, and was once the prison home of criminals like Al Capone and Robert Stroud. Before it became a federal penitentiary in 1934, it served as a harbor defense port during the Civil War. Today, Alcatraz Island is a tourist attraction, and offers shelter to many rare birds and flowers. Tours depart every 30 minutes from 9:10 a.m. to 3:50 p.m., with two night tours at 5:55 p.m. and 6:30 p.m.
Alcatraz Coupons and Free Offers
- The National Parks service offers free admission to Alcatraz, as the area has been designated a national park. However, charges for the ferry to the island still apply.
- Group discounts are available for those visiting with 15 or more people. Details are available at www.alcatrazcruises.com/website/groups.aspx.
- Seniors age 62 and older save $1.75 on admission.
- Children under the age of five receive free admission when accompanied by a paying adult.
- A tour of Alcatraz Island is included in several San Francisco tourist ticket packages, including the "Wharf Pass", the "Go San francisco Card", and the "San Francisco CityPASS". However, guests must buy the ticket packages in person at the Alcatraz Cruises ticket booth, located on Pier 33, in order to receive the included tour of the island.
Alcatraz Family Tickets
Families that visit the island together can save money by purchasing "Family Tickets" for $90.25. These packages include tickets for two adults and two children aged 5 to 11. Guests who buy the Family Ticket receive a discount of $6.25 off the regular admission price. Family tickets for Alcatraz Island are available for "Early Bird" tickets and Day Tours only.
Alcatraz Night Tour
Also See: Free Winchester Mystery House Coupons, Free Great America Coupons, Free Gilroy Gardens Coupons, Free Santa Cruz Boardwalk Coupons, Free Exploratorium Coupons, Free San Francisco Zoo Coupons, Free Aquarium of the Bay Coupons, Free Six Flags Discovery Kingdom Coupons