From Best Free Stuff Guide
Back to school freebies and sales are available at many different retailers during late summer. Since many school districts resume classes in late July and August, most back to school sales are held during these months. Discount stores such as Walmart and Target typically offer back to school sales on clothing and basic equipment, while office supply stores such as Staples offer deep discounts on school supplies. In order to qualify for some offers, customers may need to display a coupon or "like" a company on Facebook.
|Offered by||Major retailers, including Walmart, Barnes and Noble, Staples, and Target|
|Locations||Across the United States|
|Phone number||Barnes and Noble: 800-THE-BOOK, Target: 800-591-3869, Staples: 800-333-3330|
|Limitations||Sales are typically valid for a limited time. Discounts may only be valid on select items.|
|Coupon required?||Some offers may require a coupon.|
Do you love to save? Never want to miss a deal? Sign up for our newsletter here
About Back to School Sales
Many public school systems publish lists of required supplies for each grade level. These supplies vary by age and grade. For example, elementary school supplies may include crayons, child-safe scissors, glue, and modeling clay. Middle school supplies might include colored pencils, rulers, index cards, and notebook paper. Many high school supply lists include binders, highlighters, and note cards. Some retailers such as Walmart and Target publish printed supply lists for each local school district and provide them inside local stores and online. These supplies are typically included in many back to school sales.
Along with traditional school supplies, some retailers also offer discounts on electronic equipment that is commonly used for school. This may include sales on computers, printers, laptop computers, and video game systems.
Back to School Freebies and Coupons
- JC Penney offered free haircuts for all children in grades kindergarten through sixth during the month of August. Parents must call ahead to schedule their appointments.
- Staples sold a Back to School Savings Pass that entitled owners to a 15 percent discount on school supplies all year long. The Back to School Savings Pass costs $15 and was available for purchase through September 15, 2012.
- Walmart offered free shipping to home addresses on all school supplies and uniforms. Customers must select the HomeFree option during checkout.
- Target offered a sale on college supplies and dormitory furniture. Discounts were also available on school supplies and uniforms.
- Jo-Ann Fabric and Crafts is continuing to offer its annual free Teacher Discount program. The program is open to public and private educators, as well as homeschooling parents who display proof of their status. Teachers who are enrolled in the program receive a 15 percent discount on purchases at Jo-Ann for an entire year.
- Apple offered a free $100 back-to-school gift card for customers who purchased a Macintosh computer. This offer was valid through September 21, 2012.
- Discount School Supply had a "Stock Up and Save" sale during the month of August that contained discounts on common school supplies, including paint, crayons, paper, glue, and markers. The company also offered free shipping on all online orders of $79 or more.
- Rainbow Resource, a curriculum and supply seller for homeschoolers, offered free standard shipping on all orders of $50 or more as part of its back to school promotion.
- Sony offered a free PlayStation Vita or a free PlayStation 3 with the purchase of specific computers. Customers must enter the coupon code 250PS3 for the PlayStation 3 or the code 250VITA during checkout.
- The Children's Place hosted a Back to School Sweepstakes that enters customers in a drawing for a chance to win a free backpack with free school supplies and a $50 gift card for use at The Children's Place. Customers must "like" the company's page on Facebook to be entered in the drawing.
- As part of its Back to School promotion, Barnes and Noble offered free shipping on all new textbooks. Shoppers can also sell their used textbooks and send them in with no shipping costs.
Jo-Ann Fabrics Coupons
Also See: Free Jo-Ann Fabrics Coupons and Codes, Free Barnes and Noble Coupons and Codes, Free The Children's Place Coupons, Free PlayStation 3, Free Walmart Coupons and Codes, Free JCPenney Coupons and Codes, Free Shipping Coupons and Codes